"i hate it that when a girl sleeps with 3 guys, she’s a slut. but when a guy does it, he’s gay.
it’s fucking bullshit”
1. Let’s start with something easy, name, address, phone number, social security number? jk, dream job?
I realize this should be easy but it’s actually tough for me considering it’s what I’m trying to figure out right now and struggling. I suppose if we said that it was completely ‘dream job’ and that existed in some vacuum that didn’t relate to money, stability, practicality, then I’d be a filmmaker or screenwriter or something. The reason I’m struggling is cause my considerations at the moment can’t ignore those 3 factors haha
2. What’s something you use to motivate yourself through hard times?
There’s this inspirational poster called “This is your Life” (http://nothingofrelevance.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/this_is_your_life1.png) which summarizes a lot of the ideas I’d try to live by.
3. What would you change if you were told with 100% certainty that God does not exist? Or if you don’t believe in God, that he does exist?
I’m agnostic so I suppose that leans me towards he does exist? However, that also means I don’t think anything about me would change now that I learned he doesn’t exist since I never believed we’d grasp what he was doing or thinking.
4. What do you believe stands between you and complete happiness?
Haha, myself. In other words, overthinking.
5. Favorite song, artist/band, movie, and book hands down all time? (you bet I squeezed four questions into that!)
I’m not huge on the music scene but iTunes is showing I’ve listened to Coldplay, Bon Iver, and City and Colour the most. A better answer would be that I’m generally into acoustical stuff and have always loved film scores, instrumental music, etc. I’ve been classically trained in quite a few instruments and genuinely enjoy “classical” (the term, not the genre) music. My 3 favorite movies are (no specific order) In the Mood for Love, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Big Fish. Although I’ve never thought of it as my favorite book, it happens to be a book I grew up on and have reread the most number of times.. Gary Paulsen’s Hatchet.
6. If you could make a 30 second speech to the entire world, what would you say?
"I don’t know how I got here but thank you for electing me as the Greatest Person Alive…" Na, I’m kidding. I’d probably tell everyone that the only experience I can guarantee we will all share in life is death. Then I’d ask everyone to evaluate their goals in life, whether or not what they do has meaning in the face of that fact. One day we’re all going to die and for some that will be sooner or later. How so many of the things we stress over is very petty and how focusing a life that is conscious of our finite time can liberate us into doing what really matters.
7. When you’re 90 years old, what will matter most to you?
Family and my health probably.
8. Another age question haha, how old would you be if you didn’t know how old you were?
I’m not sure I understand the question but if it’s a subtle way of asking how mature I think I am? Let’s just say that at my actual age, I’ve already hit the point where I realize that the people older are not necessarily more mature, smarter or wiser. So I guess the number wouldn’t mean anything to me.
9. What activities make you lose track of time?
Playing music, board games (I’ve played a series of Settlers of Catan that went on waay too many hours without anyone realizing), THE INTERNET
10. If you try to fail and succeed which have you done? (yeah i asked that)
You’ve failed to the world but you’ve succeeded within. Choose which matters to you and it depends on the situation (insert movie scene where I cover up somebody’s mistake and call it my own, I guess I was “trying to fail” and I succeeded by lying about it and took the heat. epic win + get the girl)
11. What do you think about most?
Trivial things that prevent me from complete happiness ;)